Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Samuel L. Jackson Not In "Captain America: Civil War" And Is Extending Marvel Deal


Looks like the director won't be present next year.

Nick Fury himself, Samuel L. Jackson, revealed to Collider that he will not be returning as the former director of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the upcoming "Captain America: Civil War".

In the interview with Collider, he said, “It’s an amazing amount of fun. I finally met [comics writer] Mark [Millar], last year, when I was doing Kingsman, ‘cause he was on set one day, and I finally got a chance to thank him for making Nick Fury black and changing the whole dynamic. It’s really great to be the connective tissue between so many different characters in so many different films, that brings those guys together. But I’m not in Captain America 3. I can’t figure that out, but I’m not. I guess I’m still out there, trying to figure out what happened to S.H.I.E.L.D. and who these other people are.” And when asked whether he would return to the Marvel universe, he responded saying, “Of course [I’m interested in returning]! I’m looking for a contract extension right now, yeah. I’m looking to re-up.”

Looks like Sam Jackson is not done being in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and we, as the audience, don't want him to leave so this is exactly what I want to hear.

When do you think Nick Fury would pop up next?

No comments:

Post a Comment