Thursday, June 11, 2015

"Jurassic Park" 22nd Anniversary


The park is open after 22 years.

Putting aside our sadness over the loss of a film icon, let's celebrate another icon of cinema history: "Jurassic Park​". Today marks the 22nd anniversary of the first film in the franchise that was released on this day in 1993. Strangely enough, I will be seeing "Jurassic World​", the latest film in the series, tonight for the 2nd time (first seeing the film at a prescreening last Tuesday). Steven Spielberg​'s "Jurassic Park" continues to be one of the most important and influential films of my life. What can I say that hasn't been said? It's a master class adventure film so I will be celebrating the 22nd anniversary of "Jurassic Park" by attending the first IMAX​ showing of "Jurassic World" at AMC Theatres​ tonight.

The gates are open and I'm ready to see dinosaurs once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment