Thursday, January 14, 2016

Alan Rickman Dies At 69


This first month of 2016 has been a whirlwind of emotions.

Earlier this morning, I woke up to the sad news that one of the best and one of my personal favorite actors in the business today, Alan Rickman, has passed away at the age of 69 after a battle with cancer.

I've been watching Rickman in films for most of my life ever since I saw "Die Hard" for the first time. That's right; I saw "Die Hard" before I saw "Harry Potter". In my mind, Alan Rickman was one of those extraordinary actors who I wanted to work with in the future as a director and it's just so sad to see him go. He was a big on screen presence and one of the best stage actors today and will be sorely missed.

For us cinema lovers, we lost a big one today.

The entire world is raising their wands for you, Mr. Rickman. May you rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment